If you are looking to improve your kitchen cabinets, we have just the right 5 features you’ll need. At Unica Concept, we work hard to give you the best service and turn your ideas and dreams into reality for a long time with our maintenance tips. One of the best places to invest in your house is your kitchen as the heart of the house and one of the most usable rooms. The features that we are going to show you are also very low price and that’s why you don’t have to worry about costs. Without losing more time let’s see these 5 features for your kitchen cabinets.
Drawers and Sliding Shelves
Drawers are a must for every kitchen, for a couple of reasons:
- Drawers offer perfect ergonomic storage. Drawers are so easy to use. Just pull the drawer out and look down. As we grow old, our backs become more weak and sensitive, so drawers are great for people who have problems with their backs.
- Drawers offer easy storage. Operating a drawer requires just one easy pull, so drawers speed up your cooking routine. This is why so many people fall in love with drawers.
- Drawers can be outfitted with specialized inserts. Drawers come in different shapes and forms and that’s why they are also very customizable. You can insert containers and accessories to organize your utilities, spices or cooking tools as you want.
- Drawers can be hidden. If you don’t like the outside look of kitchen drawers you can easily hide it behind a cabinet door.
The best kitchen storage solution is to have a pull-out trash unit inside the cabinetry, in a place where it won’t be seen. Typically, you should have at least a two-bin trash unit, one for regular trash and the other one for recycling. Many of the double units take up a mere 18 inches of space and they are available with a mechanism that is soft-close for simple operation. They are short enough to fit into a base cabinet with a top drawer. This kind of trash can also have a lot of other benefits like for example you do not need to worry about your kid flipping it over or your pets getting their noses there. That’s why a trash pull-out can is definitely one of the most important features to upgrade your kitchen cabinets to keep your kitchen clean.
Vertical dividers are quite useful to store multiple diverse gadgets like muffin tins, platters, baking pans, pie dishes, large lids etc. Usually, we let these flat objects on the bottom of cabinets or drawers. There are many times when we don’t use them because we forget where they are but enough with that. With vertical dividers, you can organize and access them easily. These kinds of vertical dividers are placed in the upper portion of tall cabinetry. They can be placed also on an oven cabinet. The vertical dividers are also often placed in narrow base cabinets from 9 to 12 inches wide, where a drawer stack is not so practical.
Everyone uses spices in the kitchens, it may be salt, paprika, garlic seasoning, and the list goes on. When we try a new recipe we use different kinds of spices. But organizing spices in a cabinet isn’t easy. The spice pull-out drawer is one of the smart features that you can implement in your kitchen cabinets. A wise solution may be a 12-inch pullout cabinet fitted to your cooking surface. Spice pullout cabinets are the best, with them you can store the jars so perfectly so you can view everything you have. But do not stay only on spices because if you think and check your kitchen you may find a lot of other things that you can organize in a pull-out drawer.
Corner cabinets are often neglected but when they are utilized correctly, corners can be a big improvement and add a lot of storage area in your kitchen. We know how hard it is to think of a good way to access it and that’s why we have prepared some extra features to bring back to life the corners of your kitchen cabinets.
- Corner drawers. Drawers with “L” cast fronts suit into corner cabinets and enable you to extract the drawer out into the room. Some units fully utilize the triangular back corner of the space, and many companies provide these types of units. Corner drawers are expensive, but they create some beautiful areas and everyone will notice that.
- Diagonal cabinets. A lot of kitchens have used this solution for quite some years now. Because it is still hard to reach, it is often much smaller than the other cabinets but still useful. A nice idea is to use a panelled glass where you can give the illusion of greater space and to display your favourite plates or other special items.
- Lazy Susan. The hardest part of corner storage is reaching for the utilities that we put there. Because of that very often is left unused. Lazy Susan fixes that with the help of two spinning shelves and makes it easier to reach every part of the cabinet.
- Drawers for trash cans. Trash cans can be located perfectly at the corner near the sink. You can use a sliding drawer or a customized lazy susan that will help you reach the trash cans easily. Also by installing a pole you can put three to four trash cans that can move in circles for you to insert trash or take it out.
Why we are the right choice for you
UNICA Concept is always here to help you with the confusion you might have while designing your new kitchen cabinets. For almost two decades operating in this field on Canada’s market, we have been more than happy to help every customer and build every dream. we’re not only specialized in kitchen cabinets making, but also in closets, bathroom vanities, reception desks, wall panels, store fixtures, or libraries. Our team is very professional, talented, and well trained. We appreciate every client’s idea and assure you that our job will meet your expectations. Contact us via email at [email protected] or via phone at 416-746-2226 to give you a step by step guide on designing the best kitchen you can dream of.